EUCAR Perspective on Connected and Automated Vehicles
EUCAR is committed to achieve safer, cleaner, smarter and more efficient transport solutions. Researching Connected and Automated Vehicles (CAV) technologies will play a vital role in it:
- CAV technologies will support the Vision Zero targets set for 2050 by decreasing the number of road fatalities and accidents.
- CAV contributes to reducing transport emissions and congestion, while ensuring inclusive mobility for persons and goods.
- CAV will provide individual mobility to all users; in particular elderly and people with disabilities.
- CAV will have a remarkable economic impact ensuring long-term European growth and jobs.
- CAV will enable new mobility concepts shifting design & development from a driver-centred to mobility-user-centred approach.
Thus, EUCAR members drive the development of these new technologies and services for CAV while ensuring the competitiveness of the industry.