More than 200 participants in EUCAR’s Virtual Conference 2021
“What progress can we expect in cars, trucks and busses in the future? How will the innovators motivate us to embrace this change? Why is it so exciting to work in the automotive industry in research, now more than ever?”
Answers to all these questions were tackled at EUCAR’s Virtual Conference ‘Smart & Sustainable Mobility: New horizons for Europe.’
The keynote speaker Lars Stenqvist, Executive Vice President, Volvo Group Trucks Technology, Chief Technology Officer, AB Volvo, emphasized that addressing the green deal targets is technology and innovation-driven, “…this is the time to be an engineer, and especially in the automotive industry.”
The research areas in Smart and Sustainable Mobility were addressed by
- Stephan Neugebauer, Chairman, ERTRAC and EGVIA;
- Edel Sheridan, Senior Business Developer, SINTEF Energy Research;
- Thomas Fabian, Director Commercial Vehicles ACEA;
- Rémi Bastien, Chairman NEXT MOVE; and
- Aria Etemad, Senior Project Manager, Volkswagen Group.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the EUCAR conference 2021 was live-streamed and gathered more than 200 participants.