Project in Focus: HEADSTART
The HEADSTART (Harmonised European Solutions for Testing Automated Road Transport) project aims to define testing and validation procedures of Cooperated, Connected and Automated Mobility (CCAM) functions including key technologies such as communications, cyber-security and positioning. The tests will be in both simulation and real-world fields to validate safety and security performance according to the key users’ needs.
The project main objectives are:
- Identify the existing methodologies, procedures and tools for testing, validation and certification;
- Harmonise the existing testing and validation approaches;
- Define and develop test, validation and certification methodologies and procedures for CCAM functions;
- Demonstrate the developed methodologies, procedures and tools through testing 4 CCAM use cases;
- Reach consensus by creating and managing an expert network of CCAM testing to promote adoption of the project results considering multi-stakeholder needs.
FIAT Chrysler Automobiles, CNH Industrial (as IVECO) and Toyota Motor Europe are the EUCAR memebrs involved in this initiative. Supporting our members, the project consortium coordinated by IDIADA, bring together European stakeholders in the area of CCAM. The partners will cluster the most relevant existing initiatives, develop methodologies, procedures and tools and drive in a harmonized European solution for testing and validation of automated road vehicles. Within the lifetime of the project, other relevant stakeholders outside of the project Consortium will be able to join the experts’ network to configure the verification and validation methodologies and to promote the adoption of the project results.
This project is co-funded under the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 824309. For further information on the project, please visit the project website.
|Coordinator: Applus IDIADA
|EUCAR members: FIAT Chrysler Automobiles, CNH Industrial (as IVECO) and Toyota Motor Europe.
|Other partners: ICCS, VicomTech, SAFER, Pildo Labs, Valeo, Virtual Vehicle, RWTH Aachen, ERTICO, Vedecom, RDW, TNO, BAST and 4ActiveSystems